1. What is Blue Prism tool?
Blue Prism is a UK based software development company mainly for RPA (Robotic Process Automation) projects. It develops a “digital workforce” to handle the repetitive back-office processes, manual process, rule-based process, and all kind of automatic business operations for improving the performance with .accuracy, cost-effective and agile.
2. What is Robotic Automation?
Robotic automation implies the process of automation wherein a machine or computer performs a human’s action by mimicking. The action is driven by rules.
3. What systems can Blue Prism robotically integrate?
The technologies applied in Blue Prism are secure, dependable and powerful. There is no formation of new adaptors for each unique application in Blue Prism. There is the provision of technology adaptors for all the technologies present at the presentation layer. The established application orchestration of Blue Prism ascertains that new processes can be quickly designed, formed and tested without having any effect on present systems.
4. What is process Studio?
The process of Blue Prism is formed as a diagram. This gives much of the look of a typical business flow diagram.
Process Studio is the place in which the processes are formed. It applies standard flow diagram symbols and notations.
5. a) What is the difference between process and object studio?
b) What are the stages available in object studio that is not available in process studio?
The place where the flow of the process is highlighted is the process studio.
The page of a process runs from the main page when it is initiated irrespective of whatever page you are now navigating.
The workspace that is meant for the objects of the applications to communicate is called as the Object Studio.
The page in the object will run only the present page when it is run.
- Navigate stage
- Read stage
- Write stage
- Code stage
- Wait stage
6. Why Blue Prism?
- The automation processes can be framed within IT monitoring
- Blue Prism facilitates both external and internal encryption/decryption keys
- Offers Audit Logs enabling
- Great power since .net customized code is present within the process automation.
7. Is coding important for Blue Prism?
This is an important interview question.
When working on the Blue Prism tool, there is no requirement to write any code. It can automate code that’s written in Java, Mainframe, Windows applications, and web based applications.
8. What is a thin client and thick client?
In Thin client, we cannot have several attributes of an object. The region mode is the only mode applied in Thin client applications. Eg. Citrix, Oracle-based applications.
The Thick client application accepts several attributes of an object. Any mode is applied in Thick client application. Eg. Internet Explorer, Calculator.
9. What is the use of Work Queues?
The role of work queues is to break a huge volume of work to small volume. Here several bots can be applied so that time consumption is mitigated.
10. What are the types of debugging techniques available in blue prism?
Step: There is execution of every stage in this type. It enters inside and execute if it comes across a page, action or process.
Step Over-Though it executes every stage like Step, it does not enter inside if it comes across a page, process or an action. However, it still executes over the page.
Step Out – It executes all the things that is present on the current page.
11. What are the best practices in blue prism?
Exception handling: Handle it in an efficient manner to deal with the error.
Work Queues: You can decrease the time with work queues.
Wait stage: This stage is recommended at the beginning of each action.
Anchor stage: Use it wherever you can. This helps in the processor object being readable.
12. Explain the difference between session and an environment variable.
While a session variable is declared inside the process or object by choosing the exposure to session, an environment variable is declared in system outside any process of object. At the time of being declared, the environment variable should choose the exposure to the environment. It should also choose from the drop down available in the name of the data item.
13. Is Robotic Automation Platform of Blue Prism auditable and secured?
Auditability and Security are inbuilt at several levels in the Blue Prism robotic automation platform. The run time environment is pretty different from the editing process environment.
The permissions to create, run, edit and frame the process and business objects are specific to every authorized individual in Blue Prism.
A complete audit trail change is stored for any process. A comparison is also offered before and after the impact of changes.
A log is formed for each process at runtime. Each action’s time-stamped and comprehensive history besides the decisions taken in an automated process are offered.
14. What is the infrastructure of hardware needed to run the Robotic Automation Platform of Blue Prism?
Blue Prism is framed to match with dynamic IT standards that are corresponding to IT operational supportability, IT operational integrity and security. This tool is all set to be deployed whether in the role of a back office process or a front office process. While in back office processing it runs on any scale of systems, in front office processing, it runs in an hassle free manner on the standard desktop.
15. How do I get started on delivering processes using Blue Prism?
Blue Prism recommends a phased approach for kick-starting. This is because the Operational Agility framework is highly scalable. You can target the configuration of between 1 and 10 processes at the outset with a rolling program of processes being put in place once the framework is established.
16. How long does it take to establish the Operational Agility framework?
The average time to bring in place the initial Operational Agility framework is between 4 and 12 weeks from the date of project commencement.
We believe that you will find these interview question and answers useful. Happy job searching!
17. Explain the use of process in Blue Prism.
A process is used to contain all the logics involved in Robotic Process Automation.
18. What is RPA and explain its importance.
RPA is the acronym for Robotic Process Automation and it is used for automating the business process with the tools like Blue Prism, UI Path, Automation Anywhere, WorkFusion, etc. It works on the concept of AI or robot software.
19. What is Work Queues in Blue Prism?
Work Queue is an internal configurable list that allows a process to handle its workload. A process can utilize different work queues, which can be shared as per need.
20. What is Interface or Infrastructure in Blue Prism?
Blue Prism have 6 main parts as its infrastructure such as Home, Studio – Process/Object, Control Room, Analytics, Releases, and System.
21. How many components are there in Blue Prism?
There are two components or main parts are there in Blue Prism. One is Process Studio, and the other one is Object Studio.
22. What is Process Studio?
Process Studio is the component or a workplace where the process flow is defined. When a page of a process runs, it will run from the main page irrespective of which page we are working in.
23. What is Object Studio in Blue Prism?
Object Studio is a component or a workplace that interact with an application with an object that consists of special stages like Link, Block, Read, Write, etc. and the studio contains Application Modeler to design an application. When a page of its process runs, it runs from the current page where we are in.
24. How many times a session can run Blue Prism.
A session can run only once. To run its process again a new session must be created in Blue Prism
25. Explain about thick and thin clients.
Thick clients are the applications, which provide a huge number of attribute properties while using the RPA tools. Examples for thick clients are Internet Explorer, Calculator, etc.
Thin Clients are the applications, which do not provide any attribute properties while using RPA tools. Citrix and any virtual environment are the example for it.
26. Differentiate Defined and undefined allocation.
In defined allocation, the fields of a collection are configured prior to the run, where in undefined allocation, no filed is set prior to the run but it is occupied on runtime.
27. What are the types of Data Items in Blue Prism
Data Items are Date, Date Time, Password, Text, Image, Time, Number, Binary, Timespan, and Flag.
28. What are the ways to expose data item in Blue Prism?
There are two way to expose data item in Blue Prism such as Environment Variable and Session Variable.
29. What is Environment Variable?
Environment variable is one type of exposure in data item, in which the value of a data item will change without opening the object of the processor.
30. Explain Session Variable.
Session Variable is one of the exposure data item in Blue Prism, in which value of a data item will be changed in control room at the time of running a particular process.
31. What are various text input methods in Blue Prism?
There are four types of input methods in Blue Prism such as Windows Press Keys, Write, Global Send Keys, Global Send Key Events.
32. Explain about any two input methods in detail.
Windows Press Keys are used in the elements spied with Win32
Write method is used when windows press keys are not working
33. What is Global Send keys?
Global Send Keys are the high-level interface that sends keystroke to the current application.
34. What is Global Send Key Events?
Global Send Key Events are the low-level interface that acts like a keyboard keystroke in the OS. Only thin clients like Citrix use it.
35. Explain the use of Scheduler.
Scheduler will schedule the process of robot as per the input availability.
36. What is Global Variable?
Global Variables are the variables, which is visible through all the pages of the process/object.
37. What is Local Variable?
Local Variables are the variables, which is visible only to the current page.
38. What is Environment Locking in Blue Prism?
Environment Locking is one of the main feature in Blue Prism for preventing the multiple bots from accessing the same path of a process. Once any bot acquire the lock by getting a token, other cannot access that particular environment until the first bot release the lock or token.
39. What are the run modes available in Blue Prism?
There are two run modes available in Blue Prism as Foreground or Exclusive run mode and Background run mode.
40. How to view the stage logging?
By selecting all stages or selected stages from edit menu, to view them in a log.
41. Does Blue Prism allows a nested block?
No, Nested blocks are not allowed in Blue Prism tool
42. What is the hot key to spy an element in Blue Prism?
Control + Left Mouse Click is the hot key to spy an element in Blue Prism
43. What is the hot key to change the spy mode in Blue Prism?
Alt key is used to change the spy mode when spying an element in Blue Prism.
44. What are the different modes available to spy an element in Blue Prism?
HTML Mode, UIA Mode, Region Mode, Win32 Mode, and Active Accessibility Mode.
45. What is the hot key to be used to exit the spy mode in Blue Prism?
Control + Right Mouse Click is used to come out of Spy Mode in Blue Prism.
46. What are the programming languages used in coding stage in Blue Prism?
C#, VB (Visual basic), and J# are the languages used in coding stage in Blue Prism.
47. Explain about the exception handling stages in Blue Prism.
Exception handling will be achieved through resume, recover and exception stages.
Recovery Stage: It begins a block to handle the exception.
Resume Stage: It ends a block after the exception handling
Exception Stage: Explicitly runs an exception in the execution of process or object.
48. What are the general types of exceptions in Blue Prism?
Internal Exception, System Exception, and Business Exception are the three types of exceptions in Blue Prism.
49. When the Internal Exception comes in Blue Prism?
It comes when missing of mandatory data in stage like path providing, invalid expressions.
50. When will the System Exception raised in Blue Prism?
System Exception raised when the internet is down or bot need internet access or any system failures.
51. When Business Exception will be shown in Blue Prism?
These exceptions will be shown manually when the customer data is not meet out the required field as per the business rules. For example, if the bank balance is zero, the payments will not be done.
52. What is Exception Bubbling in Blue Prism?
Exception Bubbling is the process, which moves upwards and towards the flow until the fired exception caught by recovery stage.
53. What are the security types in Blue Prism?
There are three kinds of security system available in the Blue Prism Tool such as
User, in which we assign new user information.
Credentials, in which we store the secret information.
Options, in which we set of passwords as per the rules.
54. What are the tags of Blue Prism?
The tags are the keyword of terms that assigned to run Work Queue items.
55. How do we automate web application in Blue Prism?
To automate web application, it requires to configure explore in OS by choosing a browser based application with the use of HTML mode to identify the elements.
56. How to automate Java based application in Blue Prism?
To automate Java based application it requires to be configuration as Java application in selected OS and Java Access Bridge in Windows System.
57. What is Immediate Stop in Blue Prism?
Immediate stop is the process, which stops exactly on the spot where it is running currently in control room as per the request raised. Status of this process determined as “Terminated”.
58. What is Request Stop in Blue Prism?
Request stop in control room will stop the process after the completion cycle of execution and the status of the process shown as “Completed”.
59. Explain Login Agent and its uses
The login agent provides a mechanism for secured logging in windows desktop device to execute Blue Prism process.
60. What is the aim of preserving check box in Blue Prism?
To generate the new exception what we have written in exception stage is the main purpose of preserve checkbox.
61. Explain about the Priority of Blue Prism tool.
Priority is an optional parameter to add Queue action when it is omitted from process. When items have same priority value, the FIFO principle will be applied for the further process.
62. What is the use of Statistic data item?
Statistic data item is used to store the contents of data fields in database for reporting purpose.
63. What are the benefits of process information page?
Process information page used for publishing the process to control room and enable or disable the stage logging.
64. List out the reason for using Blue Prism tool
Blue Prism helps to accompany the following tasks:
To design an Automation Process of IT Governance
To apply encryption process inside and outer ones
To allow Audit Logs
To utilize .net tweaked code inside the robot procedure for high-level robustness
65. How to link Robot with Control Room?
We can link it by connecting all the client robots to SQL Database
66. What is the latest version of Blue Prism?
The latest version of Blue Prism is 6.5.0 in the year 2019
67. List out the companies that are using Blue Prism tool
Blue Prism robotic process provides cost-effective virtual workforce to the organization for the rule-based administration. So many top companies like Cognizant, Accenture`, Capgemini, Genpact, IBM, Deloitte, TCS, and Tech Mahindra are using Blue Prism tool as the core technology.
68. What are the steps to be taken for Email Automation?
The following steps to be taken for automating the Email process in Blue Prism
Go to My Account Page – Click Sign in & Security – Scroll to the end of the page; choose less secure apps option, and click enable on it.
Step 1: Configure the email settings in action
Step 2: Generate two data items for username, password, from and to email address
Step 3: Provide POP3 and SMTP details
Step 4: Provide POP3 and SMTP Port details
Step 5: Provide POP3 UseSSL and SMTP UseSSL.
69. What is the Excel Object used by Blue Prism?
MS Excel VBO is the Application Object used in Blue Prism
70. What is VBO in Blue Prism?
VBO is an acronym for Visual Business Object, which connects a web service to process an image using facial recognition for business operation.
71. What is the limit for using runtime resource that can be registered with single license?
There are unlimited runtime resources can be registered
72. What is page reference in Blue Prism?
Page reference is used to define the page inside of object or process
73. What is action stage in Blue Prism?
Action Stage is used to call a business object or process
74. Explain the life cycle of RPA automation.
There are four steps in RPA Life Cycle
Deployment and Maintenance
75. What are the Start-up parameters or input parameters?
The input data or the start-up parameters, which can be passed before the execution of process from the control room.
76. What is the responsible of Recover stage?
Without a block or event, a recover stage can handle any exception on that page. When a recover stage start works in a block, it will only catch exceptions in that block and ignore all the others.
77. What is the collection in Blue Prism?
The list of cases or jobs are the collections in Blue Prism
78. What is the Log Viewer?
Log viewer is used in the situation of runtime and after it is finished to tackle the issues and review the work progress. Log viewer is equipped with a search function to enable visibility of columns and rows of the logs.
79. What is the use of Write Stage?
Write stage is used to keep the values in the elements along with the properties forms where the data items are listed in the left with the elements in the right.
80. How can we apply safe stop in configuration the set up in Blue Prism tool?
IsStopRequest (), is the inbuilt function, which helps to configure safe stop in the process
81. Explain about the FRQ in Blue Prism.
Functional Requirements Questionnaire (FRQ) are used to give areas for considering checklist with the required details.
82. How can we use connector in Blue Prism?
Connector is basically used to manage low-level interaction with an application’s UI. There are different some choices to apply when it is required
The options are:
HTML Connector, A Windows Connector, A Java Connector, A Mainframe Connector, and A Citrix Connector
83. What is the symbol will be used to indicate in control room for pending or unworked item?
Three blue dots are used to indicate the pending or unworked item in Control Room
84. What is the main page should be contained in Blue Prism?
Main Page should consists of high level steps in Blue Prism
85. Explain Defer Queue.
Defer queue is used to define specified time to the queue. It freezes the items until to pick up in elapsed time.
86. What is the function of OCR in Blue Prism?
OCR (Object Character Recognition) is the function to use as spy or read difficult elements, which can’t be read out in normal mode. It can be image or PDF format.
87. Distinguish the Mainframe and Non-mainframe applications.
Mainframe Applications is a single screen and keyboard based. It separates the mainframe commands whereas Non-Mainframe applications works in multiple screens and control its move from one screen to another.
88. Explain the difference between delay and wait.
Wait stage is used to create pause for controlling the length of timeout whereas Delay is used to stop the action of utilities like general VBO with the sleep time mode.
89. How will you allocate runtime resources when Blue Prism application is not working?
We can run Automate.exe with Switch as /Public, /Resource, /Invisible.
90. Describe two methods for Blue Prism Process to get a rapid workflow System.
Method 1: Load all the processes of the workflow system in the Blue Prism queue at the same time. So that Blue Prism device can work from the work queue instead of a continual system.
Method 2: Let the Blue Prism device like Robots work directly to the workflow system. Make sure every case or item added in the queue immediately assigned in the workflow.